That’s Dissertation hand-in day. I’m pretty certain I’ve finished my dissertation, but I want to do a final read through of the printed copy, to check for any mistakes I missed before.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award (Okoto Enigma) and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate roughly 10 – 20 people for this award.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs.
- Ask your nominees five questions.
- Share a link to your best/favorite post that you’ve written.
Three Things About Myself
- When I was a kid I was given a typewriter for one of my birthdays. Or possibly Christmas.
- I used it to write really bad ‘Famous Five’/’Swallows and Amazons’ type children’s adventures.
- I used to write during the night and wake everyone up with the sound of me hitting the keyboard. And possibly talking to myself.
Five Questions from Planet Pailly
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
I refuse to grow up. Adulthood is a mugs game.
- What book has had the most influence on you?
The Lord of The Rings
- Has a movie ever brought you to tears? If so, what movie was it?
Loads of films make me cry. The Return of the King, and, The Help, are good ones if you need a good bawl.
- If you were a dinosaur, which dinosaur do you think you’d be and why?
An ichthyosaur. I like the idea of swimming around in the Triassic ocean being the top predator. Have you seen them teeth!
- What will be the title of your autobiography?
Where’s did I put my glasses?
Gosh, this is hard. I’d nominate Planet Pailly, if James hadn’t already nominated me.
Okay, I know I’m supposed to nominate 10 – 20 bloggers but I’m not very good at this stuff. So two will have to do for now. I think I’ll have to add more blogs as I go along. I read irregularly, it doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy reading all the blogs I follow, only that I don’t have a huge amount of time to read more than a couple of posts a day.
My Five Questions
- When did you start writing?
- Pluto: Planet or not?
- Favourite place to write?
- Pen or word processor for the first draft?
- If you were a mythical creature, what would you be?
And I’m not doing it this year. I want to focus on finishing my novel and editing the first two if I get the chance, plus I’m helping a friend by editing her novel and I have that MA to study for.
However, as a treat I’ve written a poem. I came up with this one early this morning, blame lack of sleep if it’s terrible.
I have questions, by Rosemarie Cawkwell
I have questions, about the universe mainly.…
I’ve always wanted to know, but no one will tell me,
If the universe is expanding, what is it expanding in to?
If I stood on the bow wave of spacetime, what would I see?
What is the Void, Nothingness, Infinity?
If I stood in the Void, which isn’t possible,
And looked back at our Universe, what would I see?
A perfect sphere, uniform,
A ball of spacetime rolling through the Void,
Or a splat spreading out at different rates.
Would I see other universes rolling through the Void?
Bumping in to ours as both expand?
I have so many questions, and nobody will answer them for me.
I actually have spent at least two decades trying to work out what the universe is expanding in to and I’ve yet to get an answer from anyone. I’m reading a book at the minute called ‘The Substance of Spacetime’ (I’ll be reviewing it next week, possibly, depends on how busy I get) and I still haven’t got my answers.
Good luck to everyone doing NaNoWriMo this year, I know that some of my fellow MA students are also taking on the challenge whilst studying and I wish them all the best.
This is the first weekend in about two months when I haven’t spent both days sewing, embroidering or crocheting.Continue reading “Needles and crochet hooks”
I’ve been baking again. The niece and nephew were round today so we made bread. My nephew announced that he thought kneading bread dough was fun.Continue reading “Herby spelt and rye rolls”
Last week I mentioned how a day out kickstarted my creative juices and I planned to make some cushions. The embroidery I was working on for said cushions became a pair of canvases instead.
Here they are on my book shelf. I really need to organise that shelving unit better.