Another post I feel like reblogging, because I think it’s interesting.
- Because if a lecturer shows interest in me, he must fancy me, but if a lecturer shows interest in my male counter part, he must be intellectual.
- Because if I wish to acknowledge myself as a sexual being and not hide my sexuality, I am a slut/dirty/a tramp/easy, and if a boy wishes to express his sexuality in similar ways, he is a hero.
- Because boys are still encouraged to express emotions physically or sexually and are often looked down upon for being able to communicate.
- Because I shouldn’t feel like pretty is a better compliment than intelligent.
- Because I shouldn’t feel like a less powerful person for making the choice to prioritise my career over my love life.
- Because I am still socially expected to marry and take their husbands last name, and many women do, not because they want to, but because they feel they should.
- Because all…
View original post 96 more words