I just got back from another weekend in Nottingham and this time I stayed at the hotel that is right next to Rock City, partly because it was the cheapest hotel available for the night and partly because HIM – no other excuse needed.
I stayed at The Welbeck Hotel; I booked a single room for £79.99. It was rather more than I usually pay for a single night. When I got into the room I saw why: kingsize bed!
The room came with free WiFi, digital tv, tea and coffee, desk and small table plus chairs.
- The staff I encountered were efficient, friendly and helpful.
- The room service was quick
- The meal was excellent and a good price – Grilled ham baguette, thick cut chips and salad. It filled the plate, not a small plate at that
- The room was quiet and I slept well
- The bed was fairly comfortable (as well as huge)
- The room was not over warm, which makes a nice change
- The bathroom was fairly decent
- I had to close the curtains when I got into the room because it was on the ground floor and overlooked by the building behind the hotel
- WiFi didn’t work at all
- The carpet left something to be desired
- The room could do with a repaint and dusting
- When I had a closer look this morning the bath panel was coming away and the toilet flush handle was also loose
Would you like to see some pictures?